Helpline number : +91 92178 49052

International Student Issues

International Student Issues

Study Visa

  • Your Spouse can study in Australia for upto 3 Months.
  • If your spouse wants to study for more than three months he/she must apply for his/ her own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.
  • Most student visas allow you to bring your family members to Australia as your dependants. Family members include your spouse, and you and your spouse's dependent children.
  • If you intend to undertake a course of 12 months or less in duration, members of the family unit are not permitted to accompany you to Australia on a student visa.
  • You must declare all family members on your application, even if they do not plan to travel with you to Australia.
  • Your student visa is linked to the type of course you are studying.
  • You must be accepted for enrolment by the Institution. This is verified by the advice of acceptance from the Australian institution (commonly known as Letter of Offer).
  • Sponsor/s will have to provide documentary evidence of having cash assets (immediately encashable assets like savings and fixed deposits in banks) held for atleast 6 months prior to the pre-visa application date.
  • Total Processing Time – within 3 Months..
  • 2007-08 program year – No. of Student Visas are more than 2,78,000 more than 21 per cent growth in the student visa program in one year. Visas were granted to students from over 190 different countries.
  • Student visas on or after 26 April 2008 will receive permission to work with their visa grant.
  • If you want to change to a new course at the same level of qualification, you do not need to apply for a new student visa unless your current visa is about to expire
  • You need to apply for a new student visa if your visa subclass changes.
  • From 1 July 2007 the 'no change of provider' condition ceased to have effect
  • If you want to change provider before completing the first six months of your main course of study you must contact your current education provider for permission and letter of release.
  • Assessment level is determined by your nationality and course of study.
  • The higher the Assessment Level, the greater the evidence an applicant is required to demonstrate to support their claims for the grant of a student visa.


Homes Stay (Full-Board)

  • If you do not want to be independent when you first arrive, you may find home stay is much easier for you. Full-Board is usually provided in a household with your own fully furnished room, 2-3 meals a day and all household bills except telephone calls.

Shared-House Accommodation

  • You will pay rent for your own bedroom and share the bathroom, kitchen and living areas with the other people living in the household.

Private Rental Properties

  • Rent your own apartment or house through Real Estate agent or private landlord. Most of properties are unfurnished, so initial setting up cost would have to include furniture and appliances.

Private Hostel Accommodation

  • A small furnished bedroom is provided with access to shared bathroom, living and recreation areas.

Medical Insurance

It is compulsory for all international students to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance for themselves, for the duration of the visa. When you lodge your application, you must provide a receipt or other proof of your OSHC payment. The OSHC should commence when you arrive in Australia. You can ask your education provider to organize OSHC for you, or you can select an approved OSHC provider yourself and pay the insurance.


  • Students are not allowed to work until they have started their course
  • They can work up to 20 hours a week while their course is in session (excluding any work undertaken as a registered component of their course of study or training) and they can work unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.
  • Family members of students are not allowed to work until the student begins their course. They are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week at all times.
  • Family members of students who have started a masters or doctorate course may work unlimited hours.
  • You must obtain a Tax File Number to be able to work in Australia.

our tie ups