MANDATORY DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS
- Completed, printed and signed online visa application form.
- In case Applicant is planning to travel to restricted area, protected area permit form is required.
- One recent photograph of size 51mm X 51mm.
- Photos should be of good quality high resolution with 80% coverage of the face. The photos should be taken against a white background without borders, showing the shot up to the shoulders (not close up of the face) and the ears have to be visible with full frontal view of the face with extra light on face. Photos that do not conform to these standards will be rejected.
- Current Valid passport with minimum of 180 days validity and two blank pages. Last two observation pages are not considered.
- All Applicants
need to submit a photocopy with proof of residence/address that
matches the present address on the visa application.
Proof of address from both parents and a legal guardian may be submitted.
A copy of the vital page(s) containing the picture and signature page of both parents Signed passports.
Non - US passport holder parents who are applying for their kids must also provides US Visa status
For College/University students: Letter from your institution on the institution's letterhead explaining the exact address that you presently reside on campus in university housing/dormitories should be submitted.
- Applicants who have dual citizenship with the US and another country
must apply on their US passport.
- A letter from a recognized educational institution with registration number in
India Confirming admission of the applicant & duration of course.
financial arrangements made for maintenance in India.
- For Medical or Paramedical Course in India a
letter of Approval or No objection
certificate from the Ministry of Health, Government of India is required.
Engineering/Technical Graduate or post
approval or a No objection certificate is require, from the Ministry of
Resources Development (Department of Education).
- Visa Status
Non - US citizen needs to provide a copy of one of the following documents:
Permanent Resident Card (both sides)
Employment authorization card or copy of page showing H1 / H4, L1/L2, F1/F2, J1/J2 etc.
- For Minors:
Birth certificate copy or any government issued document which shows parents
name, date of birth and nationality is required
US Born: Only birth certificates are accepted for applicants born in the US.
Those born in India can use their birth certificate, old Indian passport or
school leaving certificate
All Others Citizens : The minor applicant not born in the US or India should submit a birth certificate or any government document from the country of origin that has
parents name, date of birth and nationality. The documents
must be translated into English and notarized.